Annual Shell Lake Triathlon
- 7th Annual Shell Lake Triathlon.
- Shell Lake is a friendly rural community of just over 1,300 people located in northwestern Wisconsin.
- One of the Citys most unique features is its beautiful 2,580 acre lake.
- Shell Lake is the States largest landlocked seepage lake.
- It is about 36 feet deep at its deepest; it is clear and clean; and it is an excellent place to fish, sail, swim, or just relax or do a triathlon
The 1/3-mile swim takes place in beautiful Shell Lake . Wave starts will be utilized with the first starting at 8:00 a.m. Swim caps will be provided and required for all participants. Wet suits are recommended. Swim caps are provided and color-coded for each wave. Lifeguards will be on kayaks and boats for your safety. If you need to rest, let a lifeguard know. You will not be penalized for resting on a kayak. Wetsuits are allowed.
15 Miles though the country and around Shell Lake. ANSI or Snell approved helmets are required for all participants when on the bike course. The bike course is not a close course to traffic. All corners will have volunteers for directions and safety. Drafting is not allowed. View maps.